Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm Back!!

I back from a week in Virginia. I had a good time and i earned all of my merit badges. I guess I'll start from Day 1: when we arrived we all got out and started to figure out who tented with who for the week. I tried to get my best friend Nate Guse to tent with me but another person said they called it 3 weeks ago. so i got stuck with Ryan Copper. someone I'm not to "in touch" with(meaning I'm not good friends with this person). well we get our stuff up to camp and unload as usual. well it was raining all the week before so the camp site was still a little muddy. long story short the trailer got stuck, great... everyone grabbed as many sticks as we could and shoved them underneath the wheels. it worked for 2 seconds. then everyone got to the back of the trailer and pushed as hard as we could.we got the trailer up to the road by sheer man power. after everyone got there crap unpack and everyone got settled we got ready for the traditional capture the flag game. i was in all black and i wore a black bandanna over my face. i got to the other side and did some reconnaissance. i found nothing. then i heard my brother scream in pain. i ran out as fast as i could yelling at the top of my lungs "WHAT HAPPENED!?" i didn't see what happened but i assumed what seeing who was standing over my brother. Ryan Wheaton was standing over my brother. i was just about to slug him right in the face for what i assumed. thought he pushed Sean over. Ryan has a past of hearting my brother. then Nate said it wasn't him Sean tripped under his feet and Ryan was right behind him. after that Sean was sent up to camp to receive first aide. shortly after we won the game. everyone was tired and we went back to camp and turned in. Day 2: i was really enjoying my sleep when i heard Mr.Vandenbark yelling "GOOD MORNING POWHATAN!!! ITS TIME TO ROCK AND ROLL!!!" right when i thought he couldn't get more lame he went and said that. we got up and we went to breakfast. before i continue i want to establish this: camp food sucks! well, we went down and ate nothing spacial. merit badge went according to plan. i got to shoot a shotgun for the week(i am an excellent shot by the way). that went on for 2 hours a day. then i went to Emergency Preparedness something that prepares you for all sorts of disasters. then we go to lunch. after that i go to Life Saving which is self-explanatory. after that i went to the Art merit badged. very very easy class. then came dinner, nothing spacial. after dinner we went to the opening camp fire. we saw skits pulled by the counselors. they were lame jokes but they were kinda funny. well after that we all turned in when we got back to camp. Day 3-6: a everything was pretty much the same. i went to merit badges and went to meals and slept as much as i could. as the days went by i reallied on every meal to give me energy. i was always tired. I also realized there was SO much iron in the water from the pipes. The water tasted like BLOOD. it was nasty. soon i relied on Dr.Pepper to keep me hydrated. that didn't do the trick. i was severely De-hydrated that's why i was tried all the time. well i got all my merit badges. that's a good thing. Day 7: we get up and pack all our stuff in the trailer. we head down to breakfast and eat some donuts. after that we check out of camp and hit the road. i started to play Metallica and fell asleep from time to time. the trip was some what uneventful. except when the trailer blew a tire(i wasn't in the vehicle). after that i tried to call Lea and tell her i was fine and on my way home. i got a hold of her right before we stopped for lunch. On day 3 i made my own prophecy i would eat until i got really sick or i barfed. well long story short i was really close to puking. well i got home and i relaxed for a few hours and took a lap so that's that. this is ZCF signing off...

Your Master has spoken...
-ZCF

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything turned out ok for your brother! What a scary start to the week!

    Glad you got all of your badges - that's pretty much what it's all about, no?

    Sounds like camp food hasn't changed much in thirty-some years...

    ReplyDelete